Implementing support solutions that meet the requirements at the lowest possible life cycle cost (LCC) for the owner is an important part of systems logistics and system effectiveness. Designing support systems is the process of identifying and analyzing different logistics and support alternatives and selecting the best alternative.
LORA - Location of Repair Analysis - is one important part of the support system design. In addition to the creative process of finding the different alternatives for the support organization there is also a need for tools to analyze the effect that the different alternatives have on the system effectiveness.
One such tool is OPUS10 which in a powerful way can identify all conceivable allocations of maintenance resources and finding the optimal logistics solution, including the need for personnel, tools and spare parts, for every requirement made on system effectiveness.
SIMLOX is another tool for design of maintenance systems; it enables an effective analysis of the systems logistics and system effectiveness by using a simulation technique.
This course addresses the following aspects:
- Degrees of freedom in organizing support for complex technical systems
- Support strategies including lateral support, asymmetrical organizations and cannibalization that are enabled through information technology
- Relationship between the allocation of maintenance resources and system effectiveness
- Dependencies in complex maintenance organizations: how the solution of one maintenance object affects the solution of others
- Flexibility and possibilities of advanced simulation techniques
The course contains a number of hands-on exercises.
Participants will see how different tools can be used for analysis and decisions regarding the design of support systems. Participants will use OPUS10 and SIMLOX to analyze various support solutions. Case studies of analyses will also be presented.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for anyone involved in a project where operational effectiveness is key to overall project success. The course is also recommended for anyone working with technical system design where the outcome is affected by the support system.
Prices and Practical Information
Information about course prices and practical details is found here.